Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Neil Hollingsworth

Every once in a while there comes an artist with such talent and vision that when you look upon his painting you become speechless. I am always stunned by paintings that have a clean, realistic look to them. This doesn't mean that the idea is realistic just the image itself. I have definitely be rendered speechless a few times when viewing pieces of this caliber. It is why I often find myself turning away from water colors in favor of oil paintings, although there are highly talented artists out there who have mastered the ability to make clear works. Over the past few months I have been watching Neil Hollingsworth tackle various pieces through his blog.

Pool Balls No.6

Neil is a very talented artist, whose work I greatly appreciated and thus wished to mention him here.

No comments: